About Olmsted Naturally
Olmsted Naturally is a committee of Olmsted employees spanning several areas of expertise within the Conservancy, from forestry to operations. The committee is dedicated to enhancing the Olmsted Parks via environmentally sustainable practices and projects. Sustainability starts with a few fundamental practices that this committee has identified, researched and begun to implement.
Click on any of the following to learn more:
- Invasive Species Management and Alternative Fertilizers
- Invasive Species and the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB)
- Managed Meadow Areas (MMAs)
- Native Plantings
If you have any questions on Olmsted Naturally and our strategies, please contact the Conservancy at (716) 838-1249, ext. 31. Thank you!
Get Involved with iNaturalist
Do you enjoy learning about new plant species, tree varieties, pollinators and more? Help us discover the wonderful biodiversity of our Buffalo Olmsted Park System with iNaturalist.
From now through end of October 2020, the BOPC will give you a prize for participating in the October Bio-Blitz!
- One $25 Urban Roots gift card to anyone who makes an Observation in one of the major Olmsted Parks
- One $25 Urban Roots gift card to the person who makes the most Observations
- A token of appreciation to all who makes an Observation in the month of October
- How to Use iNaturalist Webinar (Oct 3, 2020): https://youtu.be/_YIDfjURYrQ
- BOPC Biodiversity project page on iNaturalist: https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/buffalo-olmsted-parks-biodiversity
- Olmsted October Bio-Blitz on iNaturalist: https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/olmsted-october-bio-blitz