Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Gifts Coordinator – Part-time
Reports To: Director of Development and Communications
Requirements: City of Buffalo residency
The Gifts Coordinator is an important Development team member who ensures excellent customer service to Conservancy donors, for the enhanced and sustained financial support of the park system. The primary areas of job focus are in managing and growing the Conservancy’s commemorative giving program, and by assisting/supporting the Director of Development and Communications in stewarding current and future donors and benefactors.
In addition, the Gifts Coordinator will assist the Development team overall by providing administrative support, which includes but is not limited to, supporting the efforts of the Major Gifts Officer, the Giving and Awareness Committee, and in developing necessary reports, plus assisting with other functions as needed.
This is currently a part-time, non-exempt status position in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and the NYS Department of Labor rules and regulations. The workweek includes flexible schedules depending on the workload, with some weekend and holiday work as needed. This position would be elevated to full time, if warranted.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and follows standard operating procedures (SOP) for the Commemorative Gift program(s) and tracking systems, all to ensure timely fulfillment, and acknowledgement with proper and effective donor communication
- Collaborates on developing commemorative gift marketing and fulfillment plans, ensuring website and database accuracy, and supporting organizational annual goals
- Coordinates with team members on gift cultivation and donor retention through (but not limited to) direct mail and digital messaging, plus enhancing donor stewardship events with benefactor reports and long-term relationship building
- Serves as the main point of contact for the coordination of commemorative events, which must ensure timely staff communication, SOP adherence, aligned volunteer planning, etc.
- Monitors and tracks gift occurrence rates and trends, along with industry standards
- Manages high levels of phone and email correspondence with donations, material orders, vendors, and detailed follow-through with consistent and sensitive communication
- Assists with gift pledge reminders, files, maps, and other fulfillment specifications or organizational record keeping needs
- Updates Development team regularly on donor activity, and prospect opportunities
Qualifications and Performance Attributes:
- A minimum of one (1) year working in fundraising development, marketing, sales/customer service or a related field
- Proficiency with applicable Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, etc.), and familiarity with donor database software (Blackbaud) is preferred
- Understands and engages in a team environment with a positive attitude for creativity and problem solving, while recognizing the parameters of part-time work
- Experience with, and/or a desire to ‘own’ and manage, a tangible gift program, including researching best practices for improving growth performance and results
- Empathetic, professional, and responsive communication skills are paramount to the success of this position and the Commemorative Gift program(s)
- Exceptional organization abilities are needed with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines and follow protocols in a fast-paced environment, with constantly changing priorities
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with unforeseen issues which may arise, while being respectful of all Conservancy stakeholders and mindful of actions
- Predominantly a desk performance position; with occasional support at Conservancy events and meetings with donors, etc.
- Requires some field work and meeting with staff, donors or vendors in the parks to show materials or locations of commemorative items
- Job duties may require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time as well as lift and/or move heavy objects at times up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to ever changing resources and limited budget
To apply, please email resume to Beth@bfloparks.org or send by mail to:
Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
84 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
This job description is intended to identify and list the responsibilities, duties and qualifications most commonly associated with the position. This listing cannot be considered all-inclusive, as changing organizational circumstances can result in changes to some of those responsibilities, duties and qualifications. Further, every task supporting the functioning of the position may not be listed or not listed in detail. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.