Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Golf Course Maintenance Worker – Seasonal
Reports To: Golf Course Foreperson
Requirements: City of Buffalo residency, valid NYS Driver’s License
The Golf Course Maintenance Worker serves as a semi-skilled laborer in golf course maintenance. Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent and the Golf Course Foreperson. The Golf Course Maintenance Worker maintains the golf course grounds. Daily responsibilities will include manual labor, use of hand and power tools and equipment and vehicles. Workers may be assigned occasionally to another maintenance zone based on the needs of the Park.
- Maintains golf course grounds
- Operates and maintains machines and equipment used in the maintenance of the golf course greens, tees, fairways, aprons, bunkers, etc.
- Operates, including setting to fine tolerances, secondary equipment such as lapping machines, bed knife grinders, reel sharpeners, etc. incidental to maintenance of primary equipment
- Complies with federal, state and local workplace health and safety rules and regulations
- Immediately informs supervisor of any potential workplace hazard
- Performs other duties as required
- Experience in maintenance of golf course grounds is preferred; but will train
- Knowledge of golf course maintenance techniques and proper course conditions preferred
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and hand/power tools used in golf course maintenance
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor- ability to lift 40+ pounds or more; bend and lift hoses for watering of greens and other potentially heavy physical labor
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and specifications
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work closely with other staff members and interact with the public
Highly motivated candidates who are committed to park excellence should submit a cover letter and resume and/or application to [email protected] or mail to:
Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy
84 Parkside Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214
This job description is intended to identify and list the responsibilities, duties and qualifications for the position. It cannot be considered all-inclusive, however, as changing organizational circumstances can result in changes to some of those responsibilities, duties and qualifications. Further, every task supporting the functioning of the position may not be listed or not listed in detail. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.