Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Golf Course Manager
Reports To: Director of Park Administration
Supervises: 1 – 30
Requirements: City of Buffalo Residency, valid NYS Driver’s License
The Golf Course Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the golf courses; which include: Delaware Park – 18-hole; Cazenovia Park – 9 hole and South Park – 9-hole courses. They lead the work efforts of all golf pro shop staff and rangers involved in the day to day administration of the golf courses.
This position is non-exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and the NYS Department of Labor rules and regulations. The workweek includes flexible schedules depending on the workload and area assigned, with some weekend and holiday work
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops an annual business plan for the golf courses
- Purchases golf supplies and materials as needed, within budgetary limitations
- Supervise, hire/fire, train and discipline golf personnel according to company policy
- Handle customer communications, efficiently and effectively
- Maintain and adequately train staff in the safety and security of the golf course property and grounds
- Develop, implement and maintain golf course operations manual
- Must keep accurate control and regulation of daily cash receipts to include register tapes, complete receipt copies, complete and correct daily cash reports and time sheets, and accurate cash deposits
- Train individuals in the proper cash handling procedures
- Assist/oversee the scheduling of golf pro shop and rangers, to ensure adequate coverage
- Book and schedule the courses for tournament and league play
- Assist in the development of annual operating budgets
- Consult with the golf course Greenskeeper and Director of Operations regularly regarding course maintenance conditions
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Four-year college degree
- Minimum of two year of experience as general manager and/or assistance manager at a golf course
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement and to act resourcefully under varying conditions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public and other organizations; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to perform mathematical computations
- Primarily office work
- Job requires this position to travel between golf courses.
- These job duties require an employee to sit, bend, reach, stoop, stand and/or walk for extended periods, as well as lift and/or move heavy objects at times up to 50 lbs.
- Must continuously foster a team approach tow working in the park environment.
- Must be able to adapt to ever changing resources and limited budget.
To apply, please email resume to Melissa@bfloparks.org or send by mail to:
Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
84 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
This job description is subject to change at any time and does not constitute a contract of employment.