Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Receptionist and Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Executive Assistant
Salary Range: $16.50 – $21.50, 20-25 hours per week
Requirements: City of Buffalo Residency
The receptionist/administrative assistant is the main point of contact for callers to the Conservancy, 311, online inquiries, and for visitors to the Parkside Lodge headquarters offices. The position also provides administrative support to other departments within the organization as needed.
This position is part time and non-exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and the NYS Department of Labor rules and regulations. As per the employee manual, the position is eligible for certain benefits.
- Answer central phone system and assist callers with questions or concerns in a professional, diplomatic, and timely manner
- Answer park inquiries via online and email, and forward 311 reports to appropriate staff for remedy
- Direct inquiries or grievances to appropriate departments, and maintains a record of other contact information to relay to city personnel
- Greet, assist, and direct Parkside Lodge visitors
- Provide administrative support to various departments, as needed
- Assist with office support or special events; including but not limited to set up/clean up, as needed
- Other related duties as requested
Qualifications and Performance Attributes:
- Minimum two-(2) years of administrative experience preferred
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Timely responsiveness in communication in multiple formats is required
- Exceptional organizational abilities with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet deadlines and follow protocols in a demanding environment; flexibility to adjust plans and tactics as needed
- Resourceful and initiative-taking when managing unforeseen issues or challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment across several departments
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite software including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- The workweek is Monday – Friday, and may include weekends and holiday work as needed.
- This role is primarily sedentary at a desk.
- Job duties may require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, as well as lift and/or move heavy objects which at times could be up to 30 lbs.
This job description is intended to identify and list the responsibilities, duties, and qualifications for the position. It cannot be considered all-inclusive, however, as changing organizational circumstances can result in changes to some of those responsibilities, duties, and qualifications. Further, every task supporting the functioning of the position may not be listed or not listed in detail. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.