Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Small Engine Mechanic Assistant – Part-time
Reports To: System-Wide Mechanic
Requirements: City of Buffalo Residency, valid NYS Driver’s License
Indoor/outdoor hands-on position, working directly under System Wide Mechanic. Experience with general landscaping equipment required. Job duties may require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, stand and/or walk for extended periods, as well as lift and/or move heavy objects at times up to 50 lbs.
- Perform routine engine maintenance, such as lubricating parts and replacing spark plugs
- Test and inspect engines for malfunctioning parts
- Repair or replace worn, defective, or broken parts
- Reassemble and reinstall components and engines following repairs.
- Responsible for sharpening all types of mower blades
- Performs preventative maintenance work, such as checking oil and fluid levels on all equipment.
To apply, please email resume to Beth@bfloparks.org or send by mail to:
Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
84 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
This job description is subject to change at any time and does not constitute a contract of employment.