Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is committed to diversity in the workplace. Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Special Events and Rental Coordinator
Reports To: Business Development Manager
Salary Range: $16.80 – $21.50 per hour, 40 hours/week
Requirements: City of Buffalo residency
The Special Events/Rental Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and approval of public and private special events held in the Olmsted Parks; as well as coordinating the logistics for special events by and for the benefit of the Conservancy. In addition, the Special Events/Rental Coordinator will coordinate the public’s rental of park facilities under the management of the Conservancy. This position requires a high degree of customer service skill and organization.
This position is full time and non-exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and the NYS Department of Labor rules and regulations. As per the Conservancy’s employee manual, the position is eligible for certain benefits.
- Coordinate with the City of Buffalo Special Events department on permitting processes filed for events held within the Olmsted Parks
- Represent Olmsted Parks at Special Events Committee Meetings held by the City of Buffalo
- Coordinate with event organizers to obtain all required documentation and review the placement and physical layout of stages, equipment, etc.
- Maintain a comprehensive schedule of Special Events in the park system; distribute details of events to district supervisors prior to the event date
- Meet with district personnel and/or other operations team members for input into upcoming Special Events occurring within their district
- Review park or facility damages with the district supervisor after events. File paperwork on incidents of damage, as necessary
- Contacting vendors and creating a preferred vendor list
- Respond to public inquiries in a timely and courteous manner to questions or concerns relating to facility rentals and Special Events
- Oversee the facility rental process including collecting and distributing rental paperwork and ensuring payments are received
- Establish and maintain a filing system for rentals, Special Events, and related documents
- Coordinate with park facility attendants to ensure a Conservancy staff member is onsite for all events
- Coordinate the logistics for all Conservancy operated events
- Other related duties as requested
Qualifications and Performance Attributes:
- Minimum two-(2) years of administrative experience preferred
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Timely responsiveness in communication in multiple formats is required
- Exceptional organizational abilities with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet deadlines and follow protocols in a demanding environment; flexibility to adjust plans and tactics as needed
- Resourceful and initiative-taking when managing unforeseen issues, conflicts, and/or challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment across several departments
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite software including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- The workweek is Monday – Friday, and may include evening, weekends, and holiday work as needed, in conjunction with special events and rentals.
- This role is primarily sedentary at a desk, with occasional on-site park coordination
- Job duties may require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, as well as lift and/or move heavy objects which at times could be up to 30 lbs.
This job description is intended to identify and list the responsibilities, duties, and qualifications for the position. It cannot be considered all-inclusive, however, as changing organizational circumstances can result in changes to some of those responsibilities, duties, and qualifications. Further, every task supporting the functioning of the position may not be listed or not listed in detail. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.